Monday, September 15, 2014

Volunteering at Library and Winter Plans

That’s what I have been doing the last week and a half.  We are staying in Alamosa for a little while longer till it is cooler in Arizona, where we will spend the fall.  My BFF, Salai, is the Library Director and I asked her if she could use some help as I was getting bored.  So she put me to work finishing up the library inventory.

A lot of the inventory had already been done so it was a matter of finishing up pulling non-circulating books, taking them out of the database and then having the staff stamp the books as “discards”.  These discards are offered for sale at the “Friends of the Library” twice a year book sales. After that I scanned a good portion of the collection that became their final inventory.

So I’ve been getting up early and “going to work” at 8:00 a.m. for the last week.  I came home for lunch and went back till 5:00 p.m.   Just like a job!!!  Boy did my body let me know I haven’t worked like that in a good long time!!!  Standing on my feet for long periods, stretching to pull books down, bending over to the bottom shelves and sitting on the floor to scan books all added up to a pretty sore body.  I feel like I am in better physical shape after doing the inventory.

So that’s what I’ve been doing.  Sorry I was so silent this last week and a half, but when I got home I was so died tired I could hardly move.  Bless Jim’s heart, he cooked dinner every night!  What a guy!

We’ll leave here pretty soon, stop in Santa Fe to see the kiddos, stop in Tucson to visit the Cumberlands and then on to Mesa, Arizona for a couple of months.  December we will travel to Texas and gate guard for three months before returning to Tucson for the Escapees RV Club Escapade early March.  Jim and I volunteered to be part of the parking crew so we will go in a few days early to get set up.  It should be fun and volunteering is a great way to meet a lot of people.  We are really looking forward to it.

Well that is our plans…..what are you doing this fall and winter???????

Remember, you are loved.

4 comments:

  1. Retire in December, help daughter in Texas before new baby arrives, buy RV, head to D.C. in late March early April come home and do more sorting! (Downsizing)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will see you at the Escape in March - John & I are also on the parking team. Looks like class of '07 will be well represented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spent most of my pre RV adult life volunteering in libraries. Good for you! When are you coming? I can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.