Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Salida Fiber Festival

Saturday five of us knitters traveled two hours North to Salida, Colorado, to attend this fiber extravaganza!!! The trip itself was beautiful.

DSCN4219 DSCN4220

Walking to the festival park we came across this pretty mural.

DSCN4232

There were so many booths I wasn’t sure we would see it all….but I think we did.  The colors of all the yarn were mind blowing.

DSCN4221
There were about 50 booths
DSCN4222
Here’s a guy weaving on a loom
DSCN4225
This booth took most of my money
DSCN4226
Salai making her choices

There was an artist there who made soft sculptured animals all from yarn.  Look at these amazing creations.

DSCN4223 DSCN4224

One booth was even selling angora bunny rabbits.  Folks comb their fur, spin it and then knit the yarn into a garment….so soft.DSCN4227

We went to a Cambodian restaurant for lunch…so good.

DSCN4229

All in all it was a wonderful day.  Great friends, yarn, yummy lunch and all in a beautiful setting. Good day.

Remember, you are loved.

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! Not a fiber festival that I had to miss! Rats! I'm hapy that you had a great time though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looked like so much fun. I'd spend way too much money at a fiber fair.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.