Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Unscheduled Day

With not having cataract surgery yesterday because the lens didn’t arrive, we had an unplanned day ahead.

Jim took advantage of the extra day to mow the area around the building next to where we are staying.  Isn’t he cute?

DSCN4058

I took the time to ball up a hank of yarn….hank you ask?  While most yarn is sold in a ball of yarn called a skein, some yarn is sold in a hank or a circle of yarn that is then twisted to hold it together.  Remember back to the old pictures of the man or boy stretching his arms out with yarn in between and the woman winding the yarn into a ball.  That was a hank of yarn being made into a ball so you can use it to knit.

hank

I bought a hank of yarn last summer in Granby from a alpaca farm and another hank while we visited North Carolina last June.  I found a couple patterns I was excited about and so needed to wind those hanks into balls.  So I set up my swift (apparatus to hold the hank of yarn)  and the ball winder.  (Don’t look at my outfit as it’s all about staying cool in 89* heat.)

DSCN4061I spent the rest of the day knitting on the Quaker Yarn Stretcher shawl.  It’s a fun pattern.P8052512_small_best_fit

Remember, you are loved.

2 comments:

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.