Thursday, July 17, 2014

Happy Hour @ Highway Springs Campground

Yesterday we invited the camphost here in Highway Springs and one of the campers we know over for happy hour. 

DSCN3875

 

 

Jim cleaned up the disco that The Abeytas gave us a couple years ago and cooked up some brats and jalapenos.

 

 

 

Look at the feast we had

DSCN3877 DSCN3879

It was a perfect evening with mild temperatures and a slight breeze.

DSCN3883
Ray and Donna (below left) are from Louisiana and I banter with him like I do Teddy Abeyta
DSCN3882
Russ and Patti (below right) are the camphost here and we’ve known them for several years
DSCN3880 DSCN3881

Our weather has stayed in the low 80s and low humidity, so it has been very pleasant.  July is monsoon season here in Colorado so we are getting our daily afternoon rain shower, but it never last very long.

Jim has been fishing a lot…..fishing is good…..catching not so much so.

Remember, you are loved.

2 comments:

  1. Wow...I am going to have to find me one of those disc cookers. Yes I know it was hand made but wow! Looks like you had a great time and good company! PS. Getting closer every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts make me long for South Fork, Durango, and Ouray!! TM and I were married in Colorado Springs in 2002 and took a motorcycle honeymoon trip through the mountains. I am happy you received good news on your eye $...always a plus to save money and gain positive results!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.