Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Cooking in the Mountains and Beautiful Sunrises

It’s been warm in Colorado even up here at 9,249 feet.  Temps have gotten in the mid-80s, so we have been cooking outside a lot. 

DSCN3720

Here’s Jim cooking up burgers and sautéing onions on the grill….that aroma is sure to drive all the nearby campers nuts….sautéing onions is almost like an aphrodisiac!!!

Jim even started cooking our breakfast outside, which is new to us.  That little Road Trip Coleman grill is getting a workout.

I caught a sunrise the other morning that was just stunning.

DSCN3723

And here’s another one as the sun shone on the reservoir.

DSCN3724

Big Meadows is getting pretty full already and it’s only July 1st.  So far everything has been quiet and peaceful…we’ll see if “the rowdies” show up though.  When Jim and I camphosted this campground we’d always get a couple of sites where the folks felt that paying for the site also included permission to make jackasses out of themselves with loud music, shouting and a lot of alcohol.  Jim sure has had his experiences in that department.

Usually it went like this:  Jim would walk into the site real friendly like greeting everybody with a big smile.  He’d explain he realize they were up here to have a good time, but he also had a job to do to make the campground enjoyable for everyone and their loudness was disturbing some of our other guests.  Usually that would take care of the situation.  But sometimes…..Jim would have to go up to the site a second time and the scenario changed.  Jim would say something like “come on guys, you really do need to quiet down cause you see if you don’t….well then my wife is going to have to come up here and have a little talk with you…..and guys BELIEVE ME you do-not-want-to-have-my-wife-come-and-talk-with-you!!!!

That has always done the job….I never have had to go up to a site to quiet anyone down after Jim said that.

***************

On a separate note----------I’m going for my first cataract surgery this morning…I’m excited and anxious all at the same time.  I’ll be back to the campground later this afternoon as they want to check me out mid-afternoon.

So I may need a couple of days to get use to my new vision in that eye and I’m not sure what to do with the other one in between surgeries.  I think I’ll see if they can take that lens out of my glasses so I can see with the other eye….boy will that look funny going around with one lens out of my glasses.  I’ll have the other cataract surgery early August.

So it may be a couple of days before I get to blogging again so please just be patient with me and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.

Remember, you are loved…..and say a little prayer for me please on my surgery.

3 comments:

  1. With advances to modern medicine there is no need to be worried. Our prayers will be to make you feel more at ease because you'll be coming through this with flying colors.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you will be so happy about having the surgery done. . .or at least that's what my Dad says. . .he loves being able to see again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have given me a great subject to paint! I saved it in my paint file! Know you will do fine with your surgery!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.